Our podcast and interview series looks to connect listeners with leaders in the diabetes community. These interviews seek to put a personality behind some of the many people working and contributing to improve diabetes health.
Have you ever wanted to learn…
- What does a CDE do?
- Who are the leading social voices in the diabetes community and what is important to them?
- What about technology? What are the leading diabetes technology companies looking to accomplish next?
- What are researchers excited about today?
We have also transcribed each interview in case you would rather read it. Just click on the person’s name below and it will take you to the individual interviewed.
- Chloe Vance Chloe is the Founder and the Executive Director of Connected In Motion. This non-profit organization helps people with type 1 diabetes experience life to the fullest through outdoor experiential learning. Chloe is awesome and full of energy. Learn about life in the “Diabetes Slipstream” with Chloe.
- Rick Altinger Rick is the CEO of Glooko, a new innovative diabetes management tool that allows you to coordinate with your doctor or caregiver to help control your diabetes. Come learn more about how Glooko is changing the quality of care that is possible for people with diabetes.
- Sergey Oreshko Sergey is the founder of My Net Diary, a mobile app company that developed the number one diet and fitness tracking app in the world. Due to customer demand, Sergey’s company has released My Net Diary D, which helps people with diabetes achieve their health and fitness goals. The product is amazing, so please check out this interview with Sergey to learn more.
- Paul Latta Paul is a business person working with advanced researchers to find a cure for type 1 diabetes. His work centers on islet cell transplantation and encapsulation.
Paul’s work is fascinating for anyone looking for a cure for type 1 diabetes or insulin dependent type 2 diabetes.
- Linda Parks Linda is the National Director of Clinical Education at Tandem Diabetes. Tandem makes the t:slim insulin pump, arguably the most technically advanced pump available today. She joins is to talk about this great pump and to let us know about several exciting partnerships Tandem has with Dexcom, a continuous glucose meter manufacturer, and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
Health Care Professionals
- David Weingard David is the CEO and founder of Fit4d, a nationwide diabetes health coaching service. Fit4D works with pharmaceutical companies, insurance companies and employers to provide Certified Diabetes Educator coaches to help people manage their diabetes better. David really knows how to leverage technology to provide some of the best care possible to patients. This is a very informative chat!
- Michelle Dart Michelle is an MSN, PNP, CDE and Diabetes Author. She has a wealth of health knowledge and has published multiple books on diabetes and nursing. Learn about nutritional counseling, what a CDE is and how to find diabetes resources in your local community.
- Lucinda Duncalfe Lucinda is the CEO and founder of RealFoodWorks.com, a meal delivery company that focuses on creating fresh healthy meals. In this latest venture, Lucinda is looking to revolutionize the way people can get the healthiest meals possible. If you like good food and value your health, then you will not want to miss out on learning what Lucinda is up to!
- Charles Mattocks Charles is a leading diabetes advocate and Celebrity Chef. He has appeared on the Dr. Oz show, Good Morning America, CNN and many others. Charles is also the author of a best selling cookbook, Eat Well, Eat Cheap. Currently, he is wrapping up a new film he created called The Diabetic You and in pre-production of a new diabetes reality television show, called Reverse D. You won’t want to miss Charles’ interview!
- Iron Andy Holder Eight time Ironman Triathlete and Type 1 diabetic, Andy runs a diabetes charitable foundation and is the Vice President of Collaboration for InsulinNation.com, a dynamic new publication for people with type 1 diabetes. This interview is a must listen!