We make an easy Mexican bean casserole and add in a little Italian beans for good measure. Lots of healthy beans make this a filling dish without the heavy carb or fat content. Nice and simple diabetic friendly recipe.
Diabetic Mexican Bean Casserole
- 1 packet Italian Beans (10.5 Ounces, Frozen)
- 1.5 cups Garbanzo Beans (Rinsed)
- 4oz Green Chilies (Drained)
- dash Hot Sauce
- 1 can Corn (Low Sodium, 16 Ounces)
- 1 can Tomatoes (Low Sodium, 16 Ounces)
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese (Shredded)
||Pre-heat oven to350 degrees Fahrenheit. |
||Mix all ingredients (except the cheese) in a oven ready casserole dish. |
||Top with cheese and bake for 20 minutes. |
The nutritional content above is approximate, per serving. The figures have been rounded to the nearest whole number. (e.g., 1.4 grams becomes 1 gram).